To pack plastic product made by our thermoformers:
- To take parts off the stacker on the machine, count the parts, and put them into cartons as indicated in our packing instructions. Tape shut the cartons.
- To check the product as it is coming out of the machine for quality according to the product specifications published next to the packing area.
- To advise the operators if there is a problem with the machine or the quality of the parts.
- Maintain the work area clean – When the machine stops, the packer must clean his or her working area. This includes:
- Gathering any product that has fallen on the floor or inside the machine.
- Grind any scrap product.
- Sweep the area around the packing station and grinder.
- Clean the surface areas which are used during the packing process with sanitizer & wipes.
- At the end of the shift, before turning the machine over to the next packer, do all of the items mentioned in the previous point.
- When the packer is not needed at the machine, to help clean any and all areas of the plant or clean machines.
- Help select any lots of product which have been rejected by either a supervisor or Quality personnel.
- Help Floor Boy when needed.
- Help with any other activity the Shift Supervisor may ask him to do.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the efficiency, safety, and hygiene of the operation.
- Continuously look for ways to improve quality.
- Must report any safety concerns to your supervisor.
- Must report any hygiene concerns to your supervisor.